In past lives I’ve:
– studied journalism (that ended badly with me walking out after cursing out the editor for cutting my piece on the new rage of 90s body modifications. Cut me some slack; I was 16)
– graduated with a degree in marine biology (I’ve tagged sharks and lived to tell, even if it was an experience I had to pay to enjoy and it ended up in various shades of vomit over the side of a small boat)
– attended a fundamentalist, charismatic Bible College where the President swears he is not gay even though he slept with the male youth leader
– moved abroad from yellow California to bleak London (it was meant to be for a year but 13 years later, I became a British citizen)
– always wished I’d have followed my dreams of being a writer (so here we go!)
Now resident in Portland, OR, starting a new adventure among the volcanoes, trees and hipsters.